Pages

Welcome....

Since as far back as I can remember, and since I am turning 30 this month that seems like a lot longer than it probably is, I have wanted to teach. The first of 20 or so in my generation, I was somewhat predestined to be a leader. When I realized teaching someone something new not only empowered the other person, but also deeply empowered me, I was hooked. In high school I was a member of a program that partnered special education students with peers to promote success for both and working my summers at sleep away camp for children with disabilities. I took some time off to find myself and begin a family but could not stay away. I am currently working in a school where I plan on making a huge difference.

My struggles are not always unique, they are sometimes emotional, and they are always worth sharing...

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week 4- Leadership Project


In considering options for expounding the accumulation of the past years work, I thoroughly thought about both publication and presentation.  I felt that in terms of the content as well as in terms of my professional experience a presentation at a conference would best meet the needs of my colleagues and myself. 

Some of my initial thoughts and considerations are posted in earlier blog post. 





Current research shows that there is a disparaging discrepancy between the skills necessary to be successful in the current workplace and those possessed by an increasing number of today’s students.  This is ever apparent in the inability of many students to successfully display the necessary skills to independently complete and hand in at-home assignments and independent study skills. 

A literature review was written by the presenter to examine the current technologies used by professionals to organize time, space and materials, task prioritization, motivation and communication as well current educational technologies.  A research project was planned and carried out to examine the effects of introducing, providing instruction, and using web-based tools to develop and promote the skills necessary to be successful with independent at-home and study skills.  After two semester long cycles, evidence showed a clear connection and benefit.  During the presentation, the participants will be led through all stages of the project as well as the particular benefits of the tools used.  The participants will have an opportunity to analyze and categorize the tools as well as to accumulate an understanding of what features to look for and assess other tools by. 

There are two targeted conferences to present the project at. 

The 18th Annual Illinois Education & Technology Conference (IETC), which will be held at the Crowne Plaza Springfield Hotel, is a statewide conference that offers those interested in accelerating student achievement an opportunity to gain information and exchange ideas on the applications of educational technologies in our classrooms.

Tri-State Education Technology Conference (TSETC) is dedicated to educators in the Tri-State area and will provide a day to explore the latest developments and best practices to prepare students for a technology-driven future.  TSETC is intended to highlight advancements in education technology and to help illustrate how instructors can best adopt and utilize these technologies.

My presentation as it stands now can be viewed at the following link:
https://docs.google.com/present/view?id=dcm26k3r_76cgjd5php

2 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing job. Please keep us in the loop, we'd love to hear how your adventure goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you . I was looking for it universal but my seek halted here. Thanks again...
    ACC 561 Individual Assignment

    ReplyDelete